If I'm being honest, I had a pretty easy 1st Trimester. I had zero morning sickness, which I've heard just absolutely ruins your first few months of pregnancy, so I'm super glad I was in the clear. One thing that did hit me dead on was fatigue. Boy was I tired! All. The. Time! Now that I am in my 2nd Trimester, I have to take way less naps than before, but instead I had to fight some yucky skin issues. So today I want to share 5 of my 1st and 2nd Trimester Favorites. Keep in mind, this is what worked for me, and, again, I had a rather easy 4 months so far. Though even if you've had a rougher start, I encourage you to research and try different methods and products. You never know what might work for you.
- Sea Bands - so while I didn't have morning sickness, I did have the occasional "uh-oh" moment in the afternoon. Usually when I would go too long without eating or took my prenatals on an empty stomach. These bands go around your wrist and provide gentle relief through acupressure. They work fairly quickly, too, which is important. The same company also makes ginger lozenges, though I didn't try those.
- Young Living Lavender Essential Oil - I opted to reduce my essential oil use during the 1st Trimester but knew I had to keep this one on hand. It provided relief from many things and just generally calmed me down a lot. If you'd like to know more about how I used this oil, send me an e-mail!
- Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash - I've always had amazingly soft and blemish free skin. Until the day I got pregnant. Holy hormones! I've used this wash as well as their Scrub and Facial Moisturizer for several weeks now and I've seen a huge improvement in my skin. There are a lot of products that are awful for you in general but when you're pregnant you especially want to make sure the ingredients in your beauty routine don't harm you and your baby. Belli only used safe for you and baby ingredients, with the lactic acid (which is found naturally in your body) as the main star in the Cleanser.
- Zzzzzz aka Sleep - yeah, there's really nothing you can do except give up and sleep when you're plagued with fatigue like I was. I have never been a huge coffee drinker but I gave up caffeine completely when I found out about the little bean. So, do yourself a favor, make time for a nap. Even a short 20 minute one!
- Young Living Tender Tush - this one is actually for kids and often used as Diaper Rash cream but hey! What helps keep baby bums soft and smooth also helps grown up skin! It's never too early to start moisturizing your skin, especially your tummy, to attempt to stop stretch marks from appearing. Will it work? I'll be sure to report back, but with coconut, olive and wheat germ oils in Tender Tush, it sure feels like it!
I hope some of these will work for you as well as they have for me. Either way, know that whatever you're going through is worth it for that little baby inside you. Or at least try to tell yourself that ;)
For fun, here are some of my weekly belly pics, starting at week 8 in the top left and ending at week 17 in the bottom right.